Skip to main content

Easter tragedy: Blast kills 40, injures others in Kaduna (Very sad)

Some or all of us may have read and heard about this, nonetheless, it still doesnt detract from the gravity of it; from the pain and sorrow permeating the atmosphere of the affected homes.

The 'massive' bomb blast left several people dead and many injured, these are people just ;like you and I; people with dreams, hope and ambition. People who woke up and left their abodes to fend for themselves on a day when they should probably be in their houses, relaxing with their families, etc. This much could be gathered from the report as most of those affected are 'okada' riders going about their businesses.

I read in the dailies on Saturday that the Army uncovered a plot by boko haram to bomb Kaduna; also gathered that the United Kingdom and United States issued warnings to their citizens to stay away from Borno, Niger, Kano, Sokoto, Kaduna and Yobe State. Also read that the Presidency issued a statement that there was no cause for alarm and people should go about their businesses and discountenance the alarm cum report!

It beggars the question of the relevance of the (spineless) Government in place.  What exactly are the people in authority doing about this? Afterall the resources are available to combat this, maybe what 'they' lack is the intellectual ability to effectively employ the resources in resolving this. Methink this might be deep rooted in fear, afterall they are also human and these days, the fear of boko haram is the beginning of wisdom.

My heart bleeds for my dear country. A people living on the river bank yet washing her hands with spittle.

How sad.

But, is this ever going to stop? Are we all just going to continue folding our arms, shaking our heads and writhing our bodies in consternation while a fragment, a tiny one at that destroy what has taken over 5 decades to build?
Do we continue to perpetually dwell in danger and fear? 

When are going to be free?

May those that lost their lives RIP;
To those that are still writhing in pain, may the healing balm of Gilead come upon you IJN. 
To our Government, may you receive the courage to do what needs to be done in protecting those that are entrusted into your care.









Comments

Popular posts from this blog

DIY: 15mins Easy Peasy Wrap Skirt

6 years ago when hubby-to-be and I decided to take that bold leap, I went hunting for the right material to make a nice outfit for our *introduction program and soon made me a nice skirt and blouse for the 'do'. Fast forwarded to 2013, my dress size understandably changed from 6 (yes I was a sz 6) to 10 and there was no other option than to give out my much loved outfit to someone who is slimmer. Only hitch being that the scarf went into hiding at the time I gave it away only to resurface last week from its hiding place deep within the closet.

Superheroes R Us..

  Totally unrelated to superheroes but it's what we're watching as I type this So we love Spiderman...Superman...Hulk as much as we love Old Trafford. It's official. Because I belong to an all-boys clan and if you can't beat them.... *sigh*...

Life is a beach...really

So this year got off to a very good start for me with lots of motivation packed into my 'big' frame. Hoping and praying to sail through the same way I started...you know...crossed over to 2014 with lots of prayers for a good year, then had lots of good heavy food (really tempted to take pictures of my culinary exploits and share here...but no thanks...). Talking about food, I did something weird...a post for another day, if I ever get round to it. Then I left Hubby and the kids alternating between Disney Junior and CNN and just crashed on the bed for some well deserved rest.Oh sweet, blissful rest.