Skip to main content

Internet Mobbing / Bullying

Just read about the Model -Claudia Boerner who was found dead in her apartment. She just appeared on a TV show, German Come Dine With Me last month. She consequently reportedly suffered abuses and negative feedback after appearing on the show with many criticizing her looks and motives. 

 It is really sad that in this day and age people are so cowardly, hiding behind their laptops or systems to attack strangers they completely know nothing about, spewing negative comments.

This brings the issue of control to the fore. Should'nt there be a sort of regulatory body actively monitoring comments posted online and stuffs like that? While there is freedom of speech and expression, care should be taken to curtail abuse as is rife today. 

If the rate of death occassioned by internet bullying is on the rise daily, then drastic measures should be taken to restore some level of sanity to the system.

Of course, people should learn to stand up for themselves, develop thick skin to negative feedback, the 'delete' option is on most of the social networking sites for a reason. If you do not like any user's comment, just delete or block them. 

Simple or maybe it is not so simple.

I rather think it is sad for people to be made to feel so low, to be driven to the point of taking their own lives. 

Maybe beyond putting control measures in place, the solution is in seeking and finding strength within.

Remember, nobody can make you feel inferior without your consent.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

DIY: 15mins Easy Peasy Wrap Skirt

6 years ago when hubby-to-be and I decided to take that bold leap, I went hunting for the right material to make a nice outfit for our *introduction program and soon made me a nice skirt and blouse for the 'do'. Fast forwarded to 2013, my dress size understandably changed from 6 (yes I was a sz 6) to 10 and there was no other option than to give out my much loved outfit to someone who is slimmer. Only hitch being that the scarf went into hiding at the time I gave it away only to resurface last week from its hiding place deep within the closet.

Superheroes R Us..

  Totally unrelated to superheroes but it's what we're watching as I type this So we love Spiderman...Superman...Hulk as much as we love Old Trafford. It's official. Because I belong to an all-boys clan and if you can't beat them.... *sigh*...

Life is a beach...really

So this year got off to a very good start for me with lots of motivation packed into my 'big' frame. Hoping and praying to sail through the same way I started...you know...crossed over to 2014 with lots of prayers for a good year, then had lots of good heavy food (really tempted to take pictures of my culinary exploits and share here...but no thanks...). Talking about food, I did something weird...a post for another day, if I ever get round to it. Then I left Hubby and the kids alternating between Disney Junior and CNN and just crashed on the bed for some well deserved rest.Oh sweet, blissful rest.