Skip to main content

Anyone Else Thankful?


Ok, Christmas is officially here and the year is over already.

You don't agree? What planet are you on?



Looking back, I realised there is no way I've come this far all by myself. Nah. And I'm so counting my blessings right now.

I may still be driving the same car, living in the same house, working at the same job but I have had no cause to be totally down and out this year. I may not have kept up with my blogging and other personal commitments, my writing project may have been in 'sleep mode' and I may not also have kept up with my crafting and sewing resolutions but I'm definitely not beating myself up about it. I may not have left the shores of this country in the past few years and my bank balance may not be reflective of the number of years I've been serving but I always remember that my unattractive life is somebody's fairy tale.

Though they are not worthy to be listed in the Guinness Book of Records, a few of the things I am happy about so far:
  1. I am alive, hopeful and healthy as can be;
  2. I completed my MBA program this year (never mind it took me 3yrs+ to complete instead of the earlier projected 18 months);
  3. I've had no major crisis this year;
  4. The kids + hubby been healthy, had no cause to be hospitalised;
  5. Hubby and I are still together, going strong 6 years on;
  6. Progression, career wise;
  7. No theft or robbery or accident or loss in any form for me and mine throughout the year;
  8. Always got food in the fridge + money in the bank (never mind it's nowhere near six figure...lol);
  9. Got beautiful family /siblings who got my back and friends who love me...check out the number of goodwill messages received on my birthday...
  10. I have beautiful readers like you who take time to visit and sometimes leave me comments. I started getting comments on my posts this year and am I thankful! They are always beautiful to read and are like sweet music to my soul.
I am indeed thankful for all I have and hope to achieve. Very.

Someone said if you are not thankful for what you have, you are highly unlikely to be thankful for what you are going to get. And I agree. 200%.

I have also been thinking up a storm on what I want from life next year and what I want to give back and impact others not so privileged.
For starters:
I hope to publish my book next year and take my crafting and sewing to another level with as much commitment as I would be able to manage.
I hope to give my parenting job number one priority by devoting more time for the kids
I hope to enjoy a deeper relationship with my creator
I hope to visit at least one country next year
I hope to improve myself career wise with more relevant training next year too
I hope to take this blog to a new level...takes commitment I know
I hope to give to charity, more next year and impact as many lives as possible.

Now, I stopped  new year resolutions ish a veeryyy long time ago, we barely shout 'happy new year' before those resolutions were blown away with the merriment and life goes on as usual but setting *SMART goals is okay provided you are committed enough to keep at it every single day.

As the year rolls to an end slowly, but surely, always remember that no matter how bad you think your situation is, your life is someone else' fairytale / prayer point.
Here is wishing you a very merry Christmas and a happy new year in advance. May all your dreams come true and may the coming year be the best so far for you. Thank you for all the love you have shown me this year, my blogging world is definitely a better place because of you.

Now, what have you got to be thankful for this year and what are your plans for the coming year?

Would love to read your thoughts in the comments box.

*Specific, Measurable, Achieveable, Realistic and Time-bound*

Comments

  1. Merry Xmas in advance.....there's definitely plenty to be thankful for.

    Bear hugs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Abi, really very plenty....

      Praying along with you, dear sis. 2014 is THE YEAR!

      Delete
  2. Yes o, we have a lot to be thankful for. Satan does a very good job of reminding us of all the things that DID NOT happen, whilst forgetting the good that DID happen. We are alive and well and that alone is GRACE. Merry Christmas dear sis and Happy New Year in advance.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so happy to have you around and yes the devil does take his job very seriously. He's very good at it because we allow him continue robbing us. The sly thief!

      Wishing you and yours a very happy and prosperous new year.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

DIY: 15mins Easy Peasy Wrap Skirt

6 years ago when hubby-to-be and I decided to take that bold leap, I went hunting for the right material to make a nice outfit for our *introduction program and soon made me a nice skirt and blouse for the 'do'. Fast forwarded to 2013, my dress size understandably changed from 6 (yes I was a sz 6) to 10 and there was no other option than to give out my much loved outfit to someone who is slimmer. Only hitch being that the scarf went into hiding at the time I gave it away only to resurface last week from its hiding place deep within the closet.

Superheroes R Us..

  Totally unrelated to superheroes but it's what we're watching as I type this So we love Spiderman...Superman...Hulk as much as we love Old Trafford. It's official. Because I belong to an all-boys clan and if you can't beat them.... *sigh*...

Life is a beach...really

So this year got off to a very good start for me with lots of motivation packed into my 'big' frame. Hoping and praying to sail through the same way I started...you know...crossed over to 2014 with lots of prayers for a good year, then had lots of good heavy food (really tempted to take pictures of my culinary exploits and share here...but no thanks...). Talking about food, I did something weird...a post for another day, if I ever get round to it. Then I left Hubby and the kids alternating between Disney Junior and CNN and just crashed on the bed for some well deserved rest.Oh sweet, blissful rest.