Skip to main content

Life is a beach...really



So this year got off to a very good start for me with lots of motivation packed into my 'big' frame.

Hoping and praying to sail through the same way I started...you know...crossed over to 2014 with lots of prayers for a good year, then had lots of good heavy food (really tempted to take pictures of my culinary exploits and share here...but no thanks...). Talking about food, I did something weird...a post for another day, if I ever get round to it.
Then I left Hubby and the kids alternating between Disney Junior and CNN and just crashed on the bed for some well deserved rest.Oh sweet, blissful rest.



And finally...capped the holiday with a day at the (Alpha) beach with friends on Saturday.

Envying me yet?

The beach is really a wonderful place to find beauty...in the ordinary.



How very special can the ordinary get.

I get an awesome feeling just gazing at the waves and savoring the cool wet sand underneath my feet, the waters swishing and swirling around me. Felt heavenly even. So much that I had a hard time pulling away when it was time to leave. Such is the effect the beach has on me, every time.

Wondering if I am the only weird one that feels this way. Before you start wondering, I no be water pikin o but seriously wishing I live close to the beach so I could sneak in every morning to say good morning Lord. But with the rate of surges and all, I might just settle for living 2 hour drive away. Thank you.


 Doing the 'pose of life'...as instructed by my 'director'...

Never mind the 'goofy' pose....just take a look at the background, how many shades of blue do you see? Am I the only one who thinks this is really beautiful?


Sun...sand...water...beautiful people...Hubby caught on with D2...

(Flipped pictures upright but still came out like this, anyone taking me up on picture editing skills? Apparently still a 'learner')


The kids had loads of fun building sand castles and playing 'Bob the builder'. Don't you wish you were one again?


And mummy went treasure hunting on Neverland, came back with lots of seashells trophies minus Woody. (A weekend craft project lined up already, watch this space)

The seventh day in the year already and I'm still catching up, brimming with ideas and truckloads of enthusiasm; Christmas decor yet to be packed away, three birthdays on the horizon -one on the 14th of this month, another on the 25th and the third on the 11th of February. And we'ld be done till my birthday in December.

I really like to think of the new year as a blank slate, waiting for us to unleash our energies in writing and shaping how we want it to be.
The possibilities are indeed endless, so many definitive moments coming up though still unbeknown. One hundred million ways to explore our areas of passion and define our lives.

This is just the beginning. It's a brand new day and I am just beginning to define, write, shape and form...

I sometimes feel overwhelmed just thinking of the endlessly infinite possibilities that abound on this blank slate.  And sometimes I worry whether I am where I am supposed to be and whether I am really doing what I am supposed to be doing. Though I've prayed and I have faith that it's going to be a very good year but I can't help but wonder, sometimes.

Do you also feel this way or I'm a lone traveler on this road?
What is your coping mechanism for those moments when you feel a tad confused?
Would really love to know.


Regardless of all, I am just going to take each day as it comes, using my gift, giving my best in confidence that I am exactly where God wants me to be. I'm going to live and enjoy each day in gratitude and I'm going to look for and find beauty in the ordinary...this year.

I am determined to enjoy the journey this year and pick up the inevitable lessons and if I get another beautiful chance or chances, I am going to visit the beach again and again...and explore...and breathe...Care to join me?

Have a beautiful day / week / month / year and remember, life is really a beach. It's beautiful. Very.

Cheers.

Comments

  1. Abiola, LOVE the beach photos and the kids playing :)

    You are not alone... The whole 'blank' slate--- I am the same way. There really are endless possibilities. I get overwhelmed, rather than embracing it. I'm working on it. :) How do I manage it? Hmm.. Honestly- I just change directions a lot. If you read my older posts on my blog (good reads, by the way) my entire writing style changed. Now- I blog more from a person perspective. I also change the LOOK of my website a lot. Believe it or not--- I have TWO other websites that I have been building & I keep changing those as well.

    Ila from Http://www.hehasms.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Ila. I really love your strategy of changing directions as the need arises.

      Do enjoy the rest of the week.

      Delete
    2. Off to check your other two sites now.

      Delete
  2. You are beautiful not big anything

    I love staring at the sky....I love the clouds and the different shapes it forms ....God is majestic to create such beauty, nothing holds the clouds and it's never fallen to the earth

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww...Sykik, now you're making me blush...lol. Thanks, sis.
      His awesomeness is really unquantifiable, His works speak of His might. I always get carried away just watching the waves and pondering about the PERSON that spoke all these into being..

      Delete
  3. Lovely beach photos :) And you look younger than I thought :). Seems you had a nice time. Yes, I enjoy beach visits so much. I see God's hand and might whenever I get close to the waters and the skies speak of His glory and majesty without fail. To your question, "how do you cope with such situations?" my answer will be It's by "His GRACE" :). Have a wonderful year my friend :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    2. Thanks for the compliment, Sarah.

      You know I went somewhere to get something for my boys last week and the lady attending to me had to ask for proof of my age, wanted to confirm I really birthed the kids...the cheek! She apologized though, learnt a long while back to take all in my stride and smile.

      And yes, it's really by His grace for what can we accomplish on our own?

      Cheers.

      Delete
  4. I think this is the first time I have seen a photo of you. You are beautiful...so is the background. Here's to a fulfilling 2014 and more visits to the beach.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh really? Had one on my profile for a long time before it was taken down. Thanks a bunch for the compliment dear.

      By the way, what's up with the comment section over at your site?

      Have a super beautiful weekend.

      Delete
  5. Happy new year.
    Life is like a beach: Where the waters can be calm and tranquility.
    Life is like a beach where the waves come crashing on the shores.
    Life is like a beach,where our footprints are reflected on the sands.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by, New Dawn. And I love the above line...only if my footprints can be permanently imprinted on the sand of times.

      Have a super beachy weekend.

      Delete
  6. Hello Abiola
    Lovely sunny photos of you and your family really brightened up my grey British day x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm happy your day was brightened by these sunny pictures, sending some more sunshine...and hugs your way.

      Thanks for visiting.

      Delete
  7. Being raised on an island, I just love the beach - the colors, the tranquility, the changes. I just love it all! It's great to see you and your family having so much fun!

    Thanks so much for sharing on Turn It Up Tuesdays! We love having you! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Natasha, it was my pleasure linking up.

      Lucky you to have had all those awesomeness to yourself, wish I live close to a beach...again.

      Thanks for visiting.

      Delete
  8. happy new year its been a while, and yes life has endless opportunities. lol at the woman that asked for your age. dont worry you look great. www.secretlilies.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish you same, dear friend. It's really been a while, trust you are doing great...I still think about our aborted meet-up, you know. One day...

      Thanks for visiting.

      Delete
  9. It is a beautiful place- the beach I mean. Nature has a way of warming my heart and clearing my thoughts. Glad you had a good time... Been there once and it was fun, don't know what it looks like right now though.
    Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wish you a very happy new year too. And you're quite right, its a beautiful place with a 'special' calming effect. It's always fun, when the place isn't overcrowded though.

      Delete
  10. You're so pretty. Happy new year!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you Toinlicious. Wish you a very happy and prosperous 2014 too.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Happy New Year! First time on your blog and loving it!
    I agree with what most people have said, you are beautiful! And after 3 children?! Wow!
    Pictures are lovely xx

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

DIY: 15mins Easy Peasy Wrap Skirt

6 years ago when hubby-to-be and I decided to take that bold leap, I went hunting for the right material to make a nice outfit for our *introduction program and soon made me a nice skirt and blouse for the 'do'. Fast forwarded to 2013, my dress size understandably changed from 6 (yes I was a sz 6) to 10 and there was no other option than to give out my much loved outfit to someone who is slimmer. Only hitch being that the scarf went into hiding at the time I gave it away only to resurface last week from its hiding place deep within the closet.

Superheroes R Us..

  Totally unrelated to superheroes but it's what we're watching as I type this So we love Spiderman...Superman...Hulk as much as we love Old Trafford. It's official. Because I belong to an all-boys clan and if you can't beat them.... *sigh*...